NOTICE OF DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF PERIOD FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST March 2016
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (S 2015 No. 234)
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
1. Date of Announcement: 15th June 2016
2. Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
- Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31st March 2016 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 3 below.
- Local Government Electors and their representatives have rights to:
o Question the auditor about the accounts; and
o Object to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to Dinedor Parish Council
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 5 below for this purpose.
3. Person to whom you can apply to inspect the accounts:
4. Any rights of inspection, objection and questioning of the auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days, commencing on 30th June 2016 and ending on 9th August 2016.
5. Your appointed auditor is:
Grant Thornton UK LLP
Hartwell House, 55 – 61 Victoria Street, Bristol BS1 6FT
Tel: 0117 305 7600
For more detailed guidance on electors’ rights and the special powers of auditors, copies of the publication Council Accounts – A Guide to Your Rights are available from the National Audit Office Website